Do you suppose giant firms like Subaru and Coca Cola are the one ones which can be capable of produce high-quality “life-style” movies? Effectively, suppose once more.
Because the founding father of digital-marketing company Pinetop Group, I’ve helped each startups and huge companies produce plenty of these kinds of movies for numerous causes. Every thing from serving to corporations — huge and small — join with their viewers, getting prospects enthusiastic about new providing or showcasing a singular function has been highlighted utilizing this lifestyle-video method.
And whereas these flicks look prime of the road, producing these high-quality movies doesn’t require 1000’s of in tools, audio and lighting. To show this level, we shot the video above on simply an iPhone.
For these trying to create a tremendous video, take a look at each the ideas within the above video, together with the recommendation talked about under.
Lighting units the temper. Lighting might be one of many harder components to get proper when capturing high-quality video. After we shot the iPhone video, we determined to make use of pure gentle to present our video a pure atmosphere.
For these not wanting to make use of pure gentle, lighting kits can be found. Right here’s what a fundamental lighting arrange appears to be like like:
- Lights. It’s often two flood lamps and one highlight
- Stands for all of the lights (which often come collectively in a equipment)
- Reflectors. These might be something from white cardboard to aluminum cloth reflectors that may be mounted on a stand.
You’ll be able to put collectively a equipment just like the above talked about for underneath $150. In the event you’re capturing one particular person on digital camera, arrange the important thing gentle (often your highlight) on the left. This highlights the face from left to proper. Then fill it in on the opposite facet with one in every of your floodlights, and use the third gentle (your different flood) to gentle the particular person from behind with a view to separate your topic from the background.
Music could make or break your video. In movies music assist determines the notion of your message. Viewers make split-second, unconscious judgments concerning the content material of your video relying on the kind of music you choose.
Sadly, music isn’t all the time free to make use of in movies. To pick the best music, you could first perceive the distinction between royalty-free music and music you pay royalties to make use of. Most mainstream music (music on the radio) is copyrighted and might solely be utilized in movies with royalties — an costly technique.
Peter VanRysdam, CMO of 352 Inc, suggests these four ways to find legal music in your YouTube movies:
- Inventive commons licenses. Discovering free inventive commons audio is fairly easy. Websites like incompetech.com and danodongs.com enable customers to make use of music and ask for donations in return.
- Inventory audio. Websites like iStockphoto supply music rights from $three.60 to $95 relying on the license chosen and sort of fee plan you employ.
- Pay-per-use. Friendly Music gives an ideal choice at simply $1.99 per monitor. Songs are listed by style, key phrase, and even moods, like offended or optimistic. Impartial artists can add their work for a 50-50 revenue share.
- Public area. Copyrights don’t final without end. That mentioned, copyrights solely cowl the composition.
Angles and focus inform tales. The iPhone has a quick lens at f2.eight, which makes it nice for shallow depth of discipline. A digital camera can solely focus its lens at a single level, however there can be an space that stretches in entrance and behind this focus level that also seems sharp. This zone is named the depth of discipline. Various kinds of movies warrant completely different digital camera angles and focus. Listed below are 5 completely different angles to think about:
1. Excessive angle. This angle requires the digital camera to be above the motion. This angle is usually utilized in films to present an outline or the sensation of being outdoors the motion.
2. Low angle. This angle requires the digital camera to be under the principle topic, and may give energy to the particular person within the video. This angle provides the sensation of superiority.
three. Eye stage. This angle, as you guessed, is stage with the topic. It is a impartial angel and is usually used to construct belief inside movies.
four. Hen’s eye. This angle requires the digital camera to be instantly above the principle topic. This angle is usually used for animals. It’s a great angle to make use of for a product assessment or how-to challenge.
5. Slanted. On this angle the digital camera is tilted. The horizon is not straight throughout and is used to painting confusion and chaos.
Do not simply use your iPhone to shoot the video, obtain useful apps. Whereas we focus on within the video, VideoPro Camera, there are a plethora of different wonderful companies that may assist take your video to the following stage.
Video Filters — the pro-camera photograph editor ($four.99). The Video Filter app allows customers so as to add distinctive filter results to present telephone footage. Filters are vital to evoke sure moods and feelings from audiences.
iMovie ($four.99). Create lovely HD movies with iMovie’s modifying software program. iMovie gives its customers themes, titles, transitions and soundtrack capabilities.
Squaready for Video (free). This app is particularly designed for Instagram customers. Squaready for Video allows customers to crop video footage onto white backgrounds to create a cleaner person expertise.